Finished Rig what do u think

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes that looks good :)... i would suggest you to get the kv8 max 3... but the kv8 pro is also an amazing mother board... u can get the kv8 max 3 at pricewatch.com but it is 160 bux... also if you have the money i wud suggest going to a geoforce 6800GT instead of that 9800Pro... the 6800 will last you a LOT longer than that 9800 pro and i would suggest this case:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-196-002&depa=1

beacuse im using it in my current project as well and it has excellent airflow and cooling and is very roomy and it looks uber kool :D

That setup is looking pretty good. I would also have to recommend the Abit KV8-MAX3. This is the best motherboard. :)

my opinion.. all looks likea waist of money.

get Western digital or Seagate HD.

theres no need for CAS 2 ram... save the money for Vid or CPU or HD.

if every one know's the older 64's are going to be released in socket 939, y get socket 754?

my opinion of 9800.. its to expensive for its own good at this point in time.

hehe, agex000 explained really well the differences between the both, and man i also recommend it, its crasy. its THE ocers card. It was made for it! man, spare the 50 bucks, u wont regret it! other than that, if u can spare an extra 100$ get a 6800. Other than that it looks nice. U might also look into some corsair xms series ram. but urs is nice also.

ummm . . . thats not a cd-dvd burner . . . just a cd burner . . .

you cant burn dvds with either of those drives

Hey U-Toast,

I appologize for not responding to your last PM (I had a busy day). I am going to take care of it right now.

:)

ehhh, if you can afford that RAM then do it. Will be nice performance RAM to go along with your motherboard. I agree though about getting a Socket 939. I haven't even dove deep enough into AMD 64's yet but I know they are sticking with the 939 socket...so it'd be a better investment. I also agree about the HD, don't know about seagate, but I suggest western Digital for that. and yeah, don't get the 9800....try and squeeze out some cash or just wait and get the 6800...its FAR superior to the 9800....this is supposed to be like the revolutionary leap in graphics processing which hasn't happened in a while, so the differences in power between those cards are mind boggling. Get eVGA brand 6800 ;D

if u wont to stick with the way your going, this is what i would do...

screw the Ram and DVD drive, just get 1 stick 512 ddr400 cas 2.5 for around $80 or cheaper.

that saves u $200 bucks, witch u can add to the Vid card equalling $400 bucks... and u can get the evga 6800GT Doom3 bundle for that. that will equal Game play X infinity, compaired to that 9800 and stupid cas2 ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom