2.8ghz or 2500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Snap....didn't realize you already had the P4 board =/...yeah well in YOUR case then yeah might as well just get the P4 chip.

......yeah right man......look at those tests......the 3200+ performed well and even OUTPERFORMED the 2.8 on the quake 3 arena demo NV15demo at the bottom...I've never followed intel so I don't know which one the northwood is...but its the simple fact you get more performance out of the AMD chips per hertz than you do with Intel. Again the AMD had lower MHz but could still stand up to the competition. They didn't 'abandon' the XP series...its the simple fact it was time to make way for a new architecture and get the best performance out of 2GHz opposed to stupid ass intel having to go to the market and say 'Well.....ummm...their 2GHz is a lower number than our 4GHz!' but a 2GHz 64 would wipe the street clean with a 4GHz pentium. Simple as that.

You have to realize that the short pipes in the Athlon 64 allows it to perform as good or better as the P4 at lower clockspeed. But the short pipe also limits the clock speed on the Athlon 64. The highest overclock for the FX-53 was around 2.9ghz.

So it is not possible to clock an Athlon 64 up to the same clockspeed as a P4 with it's short pipeline... for now.

no but I saw two seperate screenshots of a guy with 3.1GHz 35w 2400+ XP-M.........can't give you a link and don't feel like finding it cause personally I'm tired of this thread....so hell you may not even believe me...but yeah he had like vapochill setup..it wasn't air or anything like that. You don't have to clock the 64 up as high because like I said it performs 2x the instructions per cycle...hence why they don't NEED the extra clockspeed.....Pentium used to be top dog, but now they overcharge and flaunt GIGAHERTZ! like thats all your computer needs to be a good machine. Marketing ploy :rolleyes:

The FX-53 was Liquid Nitrogen cooled at 2.9ghz, thats why i disagreed with you.

I am currently using a Athlon XP 3200+, it is in the link on my sig. It will tell you i'm not too much into Intel.

Flaming posts will be deleted. Read the rules. If you can't keep your posts under control, it's simple......don't post here.
This thread is going nowhere......closed.
This thread was massively pruned to fall under the posting rules.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom