Hidden/Unactivated CPU - Ram Link Option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I could've sworn that I saw a 0.8 ratio for FSB to Ram Frequency... however now all I see in my BIOs is 1:1 as the lowest option... is there anyway to unlock a 0.8 ratio? I can't overclock my CPU anymore since the ram is holding me back...

no I can't, I have an option for memory speed adjustment between 667, 800, 1066 and optons for the links

I found out that after I updated the bios now if I set the memory speed adjustment to 667, then the link can be set to 1:0.83... however if i have both options enabled, the PC won't boot... !?? Even with stock everything else... just memory adjustment 667 and link set to 1:0.83

Just set the RAM to 667 and forget the other setting then.

EDIT: You have Ballistix, what is holding you back exactly? They overclock very well.

Well the problem is that I have the newer ballistix... not single sided, but still apparently not that capable...

I want both 667 and 1:0.83 since then I'll get somewhere around 560 with the stock FSB of 333... thus I can probably push 3.7 or maybe even 3.8 without having a crazy high ram frequency...

It won't boot at 960 MHZ on 5-5-5-18...

I've tried default voltages, 2.094 and up to 2.19X (I forget the exact number)

I have no idea what is happening... :(

I might just end up leaving it at 1:1 (which is equivalent to memory adjustment speed 667)

I wish there was a setting for a link of 1:0.83 without having to change the memory adjustment speed...

I think this new bios has caused loads of new problems... the major one which is not being able to overclock successfully to pretty much anything....

Although it has unlocked up to around 1.7V Vcore which is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom