How can I check my processor(s) is working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzaguy

Baseband Member
Heya guys, I have AMD Athlon 62 X2 Dual core processor 5200+.
Not quite sure how the processor works, it says I have dual, does this mean that I have 2 processors working in my computer, or does it mean that they are running on 2 different chips or whatever?

Also, how can I check that they are working properly, my PC game with drivers for my CPU/processor.

dual core is kinda like having 2 processors crammed into 1 physical chip

you could download and run prime 95

Yer, but as you might be able to see. I'm not an ultra nerd and don't know alot about so called "overclocking", is there a simpler way?

Prime95 is a stress tool used to check the stability of your hardware. I don't know why you'd need it in this case...

Just open task manager and click performance, are there two graphs? Click processes and right click a program and click Affinity > and uncheck CPU0, then check the performance tab to see if the second CPU is being utilized.

It is very rare that one core doesn't work and the other does, so I think you're fine.

Oh and also, if it wasn't cleared up, dual core means you have one CPU, with two cores inside the chip. You do not have two processors, only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom