Buying parts tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukeness

Beta member
I just got my college refund check in the mail today, so tomorrow I will be buying these parts for my first DIY computer, unless you guys can make some better suggestions. Budget is about $850 (with this stuff plus keyboard/webcam/speakers, comes to just about $850 exactly after rebates). This is going to be a mixture between general purpose and gaming. I realize I won't be doing any super hardcore gaming on this budget, but I want the most bang for my buck. Let me know if you guys see and bottlenecks/conflicts or anything like that.
LG 22x DVD Burner
Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case
Western Digital 320 GB HDD
Acer 22'' LCD Monitor
Saphire Radeon 4830
Corsair 400w PSU
Corsair 2x2GB Ram
Gigabyte P45 Mobo - Anyone got any input on this mobo? O/C capabilities?
Wolfdale E5200 Dual Core Processor - Any chance of me gettin' this sucker up around 3.5ghz? Especially with this...
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7

Thanks for getting back to me...as I said I'll be buyin' all this **** tomorrow!

Looks good...does the Sunbeam come with paste? And do you think I can reasonably hope to get up to 3.5 with the E5200?

I have seen some very good results with the E5200 (4+ghz)
how high you can get depends on you (experience) but don't worry, we can help
and the chip/board (some just overclock better)

I've asked a bunch of times whether 5-5-5-18 is really THAT much of a jump from 5-5-5-15 or so...will I honestly notice it in everyday tasks?

A bit but not much I have 2 pairs of the 2x1gb version of the xms2 in my pc atm, they are good ram. I would however get the slightly more expensive ones I posted simply because faster is better and for little extra cost why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom