OCZ reaper causes bluescreen error!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouldeeves

Baseband Member
Hello,

I just received 4gb of OCZ reaper X memory(Eclipse Computers - Product Details) but since installing it i get a blue screen error very hour or so, even though my ASUS P5K motherboard supports the speeds etc. It is the only new hardware upgrade apart from a new HSF so i figured it must be the new ram causing the problem. I sometimes goes when starting up or during my session.

The message at the top of the blue screen is:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks
Simon

I have run the windows vista memory diagnostics tool, and it discovered a problem with the memory. Is there any way this might be fixed without sending it back to the manufacturer?

Also, I thought it might be helpful to mention that before changing the memory I overclocked my processor, and then installed the new memory without making any changes in the BIOS.

The overclocking can cause your system to be unstable, making it to crash. So set everything back to stock speeds and see.

However I really think that their are errors on the ram and needs replacing.

I have run the windows vista memory diagnostics tool, and it discovered a problem with the memory. Is there any way this might be fixed without sending it back to the manufacturer?

Also, I thought it might be helpful to mention that before changing the memory I overclocked my processor, and then installed the new memory without making any changes in the BIOS.

Use MemTest86+ like Fat.Clown said. Except use the + version not the original. Run it for at least 4 hours unless errors are detected earlier. If it says there are errors there is no other way around it. You need to return the RAM in that case.

I put everything back to default but i still get the errors. I just switched back to my old RAM and am getting no problems. Looks like I will have to return it.

I have bought some corsair dominator RAM which seems to be working fine. I think it must have been a fault with the memory, for which I have put in an RMA request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom