Help me hit a higher OC # with my Q6600!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong with running higher vcores? Im running 3.6ghz @ ~1.45vcore. But the temps are nice and cool.

id give it the 1.4 v and try for 3.6ghz, maybe even get 3.8 if you are lucky, i have alot of experience with the q6600. ive got the highest stable oc on the forum for them, on air. also vcore wont matter as much as temperatures. if it isnt getting hot it wont burn try to stay under 75c load. you could cook yourself lower then 1.51 aswell tho, but ive seen lost of people running close to 1.6 24/7 under watter. bump your volts for your nb up just a litle bit. drop your multi down to 8x, and go for 450 fsb it will be easy for your board. stay in the 1.4v range and you will be fine. just noticed the core contact you should snag yourself around 3.6 or even 3.8 if you play it smart. i find i usualy get a better clock out of an 8x multi then i do with 9.

Ok I will try that now. However I still do not know what you and others mean by move up my NB up a little? I do not know what a little and a lot is? If someone can give me an estimate on where to be then I would understand. Is a little .025 or .25?

And what is the difference in changing the multi? Why does that make a difference?

EDIT 1: Ok I couldn't get 3.6, bios wouldn't post. What I did was increase the Vcore .100, I added volts to t DDR since one set of mem sticks calls for 2.1 volts, it was showing at 1.888, so added .200. I increased Chipset to get the volts up around 1.2.

Do I need to increase the FSB volts?

When I check properties in Vista it states I'm at 3.79 GHz but I am not?? I'm at 3.36 right now. What is with that?

EDIT 2:
Ok I bumped up the vcore to what I thought was around 1.4v. When I run cpuz it shows vcore at 1.416v but if I am running prime95 the vcore drops and ranges from 1.372 to 1.396 during 100% load. For some reason Vista shows me at 3.89GHz but I am really at 3.43GHz. What is with that? see pic below for information and temps.

test1.jpg

this is my 420th post! haha sweeet!

after all that I started playing Crysis Wars and the game would crash after playing it for a few minutes. I OC my gpu and cpu, not sure what was causing this. I ended up putting back everything to default settings. This is frustrating. All I want is a stable OC and it seems I have the stuff to do it but I can't get it right!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom