Computer can't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerardh

Solid State Member
recently i buy a computer parts to install a new one. after i install all components and switch on the power, no video signal can transfer to my monitor and my keyboard has no power. I find that there is no problem with my keyboard and monitor. The video card's fan is on. So i think the video is connected to power. What's wrong is it?? How can i fix it??

My Computer System Spec:

Intel P4 530
Elitegroup 915P
512 mb ddr ram
western digital 120 gb sata harddisk
lg dvd writer
forsa fx5200 graphic card

Does the computer just power on with all the fans spinning and not do anything past that? Does it POST? Does it beep at all? Does it do ANYTHING in the beginning when you first turn it on?

POST means Power On Self Test....its the first thing your computer does...meaning you should see all the text against the black screen that says your total memory...connected HD's etc.......if you power up and your computer does nothing but have power going through it...but you hear no beeps...and its not doing a damn thing besides spinning fans....then it's a good chance its your CPU. Have you tried reseating the heatsink and fan? From what it sounds like though you're not very computer savvy so reseating a heatsink really isn't something for newbies...atleast I wouldn't think so

I check the CPU installation, it should be correct. I can't see POST on the screen since no video signal is out to the monitor, should i get somebody to fix it? in this case, can everyone suggest what i can do to save my computer??

Well thats what I'm saying...you don't see any video signal cause your CPU maybe be defective which in turn means no post...if the computer doesnt post....then your video card will never get the signal anyway. Not seeing the POST isn't a result of the video card...I'm trying to tell you it could be a possibility that the CPU is damaged...you can't just open your case and look at it....you gotta remove the heatsink...see if thermal paste got on connectors..clean it up...reapply thermal compound...and properly reseat the heatsink....if your computer is still unresponsive..no beeps..nothing but fans spinning and a blank monitor..then your CPU is dead my friend

thx Nubius, .............but I just bought all componets within 7 days. i still have chance to replace it without charge....................

Well thats good. I cant tell you 100% sure what your problem is cause I'm not there so obviously that makes it a little more difficult, but it sounds like the CPU...same thing happened to me...send it in and see if the one you get back works =/ unless you got a friend who's computer you can try stuff out in or a spare CPU or somethin

Anyway Nubius you already give me some hints. Thanks a lot. At least, I feel more comfortable to bring my computer out to replace the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom