Help me hit a higher OC # with my Q6600!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Ok so I finally got the contact core freezer and I must say it's working well. Now that I have this and plan to not purchase any more parts I want to get this q6600 OC to a good number.

Currently I have it at 3.21GHz. I tried to go up to 3.4ish and when running Prime95 the computer got a BSOD. I am still learning about all this so I am not sure why this is. I would hope with my setup I could get 3.4 or a little higher with no issues. Guess we will see! Do I not have enough core volts maybe?

For now I am using the lowest RAM settings and will try to move that up later. I actually just now bumped it up a little before I took the screenshots below.

Any way, here is my setup. If you don't mind looking over it and maybe give me some suggestions? Thank you!!!

bios1-1.jpg

bios2.jpg

bios3.jpg

This shot below is to just show you that I cannot just move the volts up to whatever I want. I am limited to these selections. So if you look at my vcore now and want me to go up keep in mind the next bump is 0.100
bios4.jpg

cpuz-1.jpg

temps-1.jpg

errrr, nvm, I read it wrong... mistaken it for command rate

I was referring to your static tRead value, it is also know as performance level, if you want you can google it for more info, but lower is better :) like other ram timings

how much more do you suggest? This will help me get higher right?

I just bumped it up to 3.34 but haven't ran any test yet.

change the multiplier to 8x and run your fsb @ 1600 for 3.2ghz - set your ram to ddr2 800, keep your 1:1 ratio 1650/825 -> 1700/850 etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom