What's better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noknowledge

Baseband Member
When were talkin about gaming which is better XFX Geforce Fx5200 128MB DDR PCI or High-tech ATI Radeon 9200 128MB PCI ?

I heard that a high end GF4 was better than a fx5200. I had a 9200, and it was ok(it was agp however) but for the latest games like doom3 and HL2 it will most likely be choppy, even on lowest settings.

Yeah, GeForce 4 MX440, is better thatn the 5200... if you want really good preformance and a card that will last you AGES, go for the 6800

both suck especially cause you're gonna get PCI. Update your motherboard or something first so you can get an AGP card not PCI. and yeah the 5200 isn't powerful at all. Nvidia plainly tells you this to if you go to their site. The 5200 was meant for regular desktop viewing and cinematic viewing...not gameplay.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/fx_desktop.html

nvidia quote:
Mainstream Models: Cinematic Graphics Power The GeForce FX 5200 GPUs and the GeForce PCX 5300 GPUs deliver the performance you expect from NVIDIA graphics: with best-in-class features, performance, and reliability at a great price.

Performance Models: Dominate Your Games Designed for high-performance gaming, the GeForce FX and GeForce PCX 5700 GPUs deliver cinematic effects, unmatched features, and rock-solid stability for next-generation games.

5700 is a good card i had one but it was 256mb & AGP

soloman said highend GF4............GeForce 4 MX440 is not high end GF4 Flying_vortex.....thats the complete opposite..the MX series is the low end. Ti is the high end

EDIT:
I HAVE PCI! if it's not PCI then sry if it is then I AMNOT GETTING AGP!

WELL THEN YOU AREN"T GETTING PERFORMANCE SO STOP ASKING US WHICH IS BETTER CAUSE BOTH SUCK ESPECIALLY WITH PCI........obviously you aren't too concerned with picking a good card if you're too damn stubborn to go and get a newer motherboard :rolleyes:

yup...the JUNIOR part of your posting status and the NOKNOWLEDGE in your name are both very truthful....atleast you're an honest person in that sense....don't be asking questions regarding 'GAMING' if you can't put forth a damn towards really wanting to GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom