Advice changing CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

superJT

Beta member
hi, i have the e6600 core 2 duo prossesser im looking to change the heat sink, been looking at the artec freezer 7 pro seems to have very good reviews, just wanted to no if there is a way i dont have to remove the mo board to replace the old heat sink, are they easy to take off? i just got a new case and really dont wanna be pulling it all apart again lol

many thanks

with Intel sockets you can use Push-Pins to install most heatsinks which allow you to merely push in the new heatsink... make sure the heatsink you want has a push-pin system.

yeah you'll have no problem installing since yes that does come with a push-pin system.

you'll definately want to clean off the CPU and apply new thermal paste before putting on the new cooler..

cool so i wont have to remove the whole mo board no? the cooler comes with thermal paste already applied so wont need to get any, how do u go about appying it anyway for futer note? whats the best way to clen the cpu, i take it its the silver plate u clean not actually the cpu chip lol

cheers again

The ac freezer T Pro comes with MX-2 thermal paste already on the heatsink so you don't have to apply it.

I recommend using isopropyl alcohol and coffee filers to clean the old thermal paste off of the top of the cpu.

yeah, use isopropyl alcohol (the purer the better) to clean off the old thermal paste.

and yes, you won't need to remove the motherboard, the push pins allow you to use the holes already drilled in the motherboard.

just add a rice sized drop to the processor in the future in the center. for a quad core you might want to move to a pea size or maybe a line?

the silver plate you speak of is actually I think aluminum? Anyways... your obviously not cleaning the chip itself... but lol yes clean the plate.

I just took out a artic cooler and replaced it with a contact core freezer cooler. If you are interested I will sale you mine.

Use a coffee filter and isopropyl alcohol to clean the CPU.

To install new paste, put a small blob (about the size of a BB) in the center of the CPU, then apply the heatsink. For quad cores, use a blob about the size of two BB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom