Northbridge Temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
First off... Northbridge/MCH are synonymous terms right?

Ok... so how do I monitor my NB temps? In Everest I see an "Aux" temperature which is around 60C which seems like it would be my NB's temp (Running Small FFTs on P95)... since I am upping the voltage quite a bit to get some better clocks... in Speed Fan that same temperature is reported but for an unlisted item.

On that note, whats the maximum safe voltage and the highest temperature? I'm on a Foxconn P45 board...

Yes they mean the same thing. Your motherboard (sometimes called system) temperature is usually the Northbridge temp. Some sensors lie around or near it instead. Don't push it any further than 1.4v to be safe on the stock cooler.

everest will have it when you go to preferences and click on sensors. You should be able to click what sensors you want to see

ahh ok, I'll check that out once I get home...

on another note, would increasing the MCH voltage a lot help overcome a FSB wall? I'm stuck around 480 FSB without random blackouts and blue screens...

Yes it can lift the wall but it'll be back soon enough ;). Increasing NB voltage doesn't have nearly as much of an effect as increasing the VCore so you won't get much more than 480 out of it. Careful about what I said before. If you don't have anything but the stock NB heatsink don't raise it past 1.4v.

man i cant get mine past 440fsb and we are on similar boards and cpu's i have to adjust the cpu clock skew to get any higher.

cpu clock skew?

I think I'll be leaving the processor at 3.5 ghz and just finding the lowest voltages that keep it stable.

The max VCore is only 30+ the default which amounts to just under 1.4v... I remember pumping 1.6V into my E2200 on my prior boards.

thanks everyone though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom