Help me hit 4ghz :D (E8400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ew you use limewire. :[ That makes me so sad.

Anyway, did you see what gurusan said in the SuperPI thread about your VID?

meh, but you've still got the awesome wc setup eh? all black?

Indublibly.

I'm thinking about picking up a new mobo.

The X38 Maximus Formula or the X48 DFI in Green/Black

Found a guy willing to sell just the maximus board and I/o shield for $80 shipped...

mm, I love how the lanparty boards look... but get some money to upgrade your CPU! good cooling for a good processor = good

mm, I love how the lanparty boards look... but get some money to upgrade your CPU! good cooling for a good processor = good

I think Imma hang onto the e6600 for a while longer.

Chip still works great and with a new mobo without an FSB wall I'll be able to hit 4ghz+ easy.

From what I've found the stepping is superb and the chip is a very early model. Bought it in Winter of 2006 only a month of 2 after release.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pick up the Maximus Formula X38 board.

For $80 shipped it's a steal and should let me push my e6600 to it's limits.

4ghz is a bit optimistic. You might get lucky for benching but you're not going to get 4ghz or higher stable on an E6600.

That said, about 3.6-3.8ghz can be expected with a good stepping and watercooling...after that the vcore requirements are insane. The only 65nm chips that hit 4ghz somewhat consistently were the E6750 and E6850, and even then more often than not you could not do it.

80 for a maximus formula is not bad at all though and should get you a decent clock with the e6600....i used to have a P5E with a rampage bios and that board was pretty sweet and got me great clocks on all sorts of chips.

4ghz is a bit optimistic. You might get lucky for benching but you're not going to get 4ghz or higher stable on an E6600.

That said, about 3.6-3.8ghz can be expected with a good stepping and watercooling...after that the vcore requirements are insane. The only 65nm chips that hit 4ghz somewhat consistently were the E6750 and E6850, and even then more often than not you could not do it.

80 for a maximus formula is not bad at all though and should get you a decent clock with the e6600....i used to have a P5E with a rampage bios and that board was pretty sweet and got me great clocks on all sorts of chips.

Well I got it to 3.78ghz with my 975x board and it has a well known FSB wall at 400mhz and I was pushing 420...

We shall see how it performs with the new board, but I have faith.

Bets anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom