slow 107

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TPK]Loki

Beta member
hi

ive just installed a pioneer 107d in my pc
the 107 is backing up dvd's ok, its just so slow. the read rate is 1.9-2x and the buffer goes crazy (jumps up and down as low as 10%. the write rate is the same as the read speed its taking 30 mins to do a disc at least and also dvd shrink takes 36 mins:O even when using dvd DVD Decrpter its only reads at 2x have tried the drive in a friends computer and it works fine 8x the way it should , buffer etc.tried using my friends ram in my comp as well still the same also a new ide cable.
im running windows xP home, the 107 is my primary master drive and my hard drive is the primary slave drive
im running:
1gb of ram
p4 2.8
this should be plenty
any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
John..........
ps have updated the firmware to 1.18 still the same

no, i mean windows drivers for your 107, not firmware, firmware is inside your drive...a kind of BIOS for your drive

or maybe the windows-drivers are just called "firmware"?

update the MBD chipset drivers and check to see if your set for PIO or DMA in device manager. also are you copying the EXAMCT same way? as in drive to drive or copying an image. do you have stuff running on your machine that he doesn't? disable any antivirus running to test it. all sorts of stuff to check.

no got a clue how or what to do to update the mbd drivers and have checked the dma its all set to dma. examct??im using images not dvd to dvd ended all my processes but i think im gonna end up formating might have some sort of conflict going on
ty m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom