CPU Squeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
most epic, but i agree this is prolly your problem, did it start after you added your new video card? if so id definitely say your psu is your problem

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS420X 420W ATX12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

%20 off coupon Jansave20 with 20 mir = very cheap!

I'd get this at the very least: Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

My PC P&C 750W squeals when powering the GTX 260 at 100%. Nothing wrong with it other than being really annoying.

Even 500W could be pushing the barrier with an AMD and 9800GT. Look at 550W and up.

If the squeal is very loud, make sure you have your PCI-E power plugged into your video card, I had a friend of mine think it was the CPU also. (He was mistaken)

If it is plugged in, get a better PSU.
Good luck to ya.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the PSU. If the PCI-E power is not connected to the video card the card would not display anything.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the PSU. If the PCI-E power is not connected to the video card the card would not display anything.

I doubt that PSU actually delivers 400 (or whatever he said) watts. It is probably over rated, and it probably uses very low quality components. Dynex is a terrible PSU brand.

Also, a decent 500W would be far more than enough power for him. I bet his system doesn't even draw more than 250W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom