*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

That's what I thought too, but he's been having problems around 61 or so, which strikes me as odd.

Well, it strikes me as odd that hes getting 60*C on WC with such a small OC, but yeah...

dud chip maybe? And the voltage isn't even that high... 1.35 on my q6600 with a similiar wc'ing setup, probably a little worse actually.. and i'm around 24-30 idle.. Granted the wolfies dont' take voltage as well as the kents, but still.. thats crazy high temps.

I'm thinking at the very least, the case needs better airflow, but that shouldn't account for the extra 10-20 degrees or whatever. Maybe the OCCT temps are right, but then he shouldn't have the problems he's having. It's weird. Maybe it is a dud chip.

this is my 2nd e8400, no different. There are MANY problems with the chip's temperature reading. Here is a screenshot i took a while back of all the different temps i get, that shows u how messed up these chips are lol.
temps.jpg

Real temp is the only one that's different, eh? That's weird. I personally use core temp and it seems fairly accurate. Maybe majority should rule here, I dunno.

i like asus probe II the most, moves the most and is closest to bios. its the little green and silver monitor.

your VID is super super low. That's why it's running so hot. If you are having stability problems I doubt it's because of low voltage or temps, your chip should clock very wellk even if it's just a C0 stepping

coretemp works, you need to set the tjMax to 100C though, currently it's at 105C which is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom