*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

think the x3220 can tough out a hotter temp in comparison to the q6600 but perhaps that was just bs I was reading. Although I thought I read 70C was max temp on x3220 and I think the q6600 is like 60C.. so iono

they are both around 72C, but that's the max tCase, not coretemp. Cores can get hotter than that without issue.

right on, I have the voltage @ 1.5v for stable 3.4ghz clock, and the temps don't even hit 70C under stress, typically high50's/low60's to low60's/mid60's.. I've seen core1 get to 66c and core 2 hit 64, that's the hottest I've seen it though, I'm also using that tuniq tower 120 and that thing is a killer heatsink I swear..

yay, 11s. E8400@ 4ghz.
1m.jpg

Not bad, not bad. You should grab the updated SuperPI though, so you can get more detailed times. ;)

Planning on overclocking any further?

hmm dunno about overclocking further yet. checkout my 4ghz thread under this and see all my temperature problems lol. link to newer super pi? thanks :D

Super PI Mod <- One I downloaded.

It's weird that you're having problems with temps...is the 61c with a stress test? Or just on average? And you may want to mess around with your cable management and general airflow/case fans.

61c while stressed, 42c idle. but the weird thing is that OCCT shows the temps 10c cooler lol. yea, i need a little wire management. Its hard with the water cooling and PSU on the bottom of the case lol.

I understand. 61 at stress really isn't that bad. I would start to worry if it hit 70-75 and over for long periods of time. But really, your CPU won't melt or anything, lol.

As for the different temps, I would go with the higher one just to be pessimistic. It seems more probable anyway that at stress with 4ghz OC that it would be 61c. At least, in my opinion.

I understand. 61 at stress really isn't that bad. I would start to worry if it hit 70-75 and over for long periods of time. But really, your CPU won't melt or anything, lol.

No, it won't melt...however the silicon will degrade a lot faster at those temps.

Back
Top Bottom