Installing Contact Core Freezer. Have question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks! Then I might leave it this way then.

Sorry your install was a PITA. I was actually pretty lucky and I must say this install is much more easier then the arctic freezer I had before. The brackets are SOO much more stable then the arctic. The assembly was a piece of cake and it fit very well. I love how the bracket installed separate from the heat sink and such.

It wasn't hard at all to install once I had room to work. I couldn't even fit my hand between the case fan and the clip for the top. And furthermore, I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING! I needed like 7 hands to hold flashlights, tools, the heatsink, press the clip...etc.

Once I removed the case fan and video card, it was cake. Although, I never...ever...want to remove it. LOL

Taking another look at the fans...I know CrazeD said that it should be blowing up, but now I'm not so sure. If you look at the fan blades on the GPU and the heatsink, they're the same...I imagine the GPU blows air out and not in? I still say it's going to be pushing air down towards the card. I would turn it on just to double check though, then flip it accordingly if you have to.

ok will do. That should be an easy answer when I get home. I was more so concerned about the 3pin/2pin issue I had. I didn't know I could connect a 3pin to a 4pin connector.

Taking another look at the fans...I know CrazeD said that it should be blowing up, but now I'm not so sure. If you look at the fan blades on the GPU and the heatsink, they're the same...I imagine the GPU blows air out and not in? I still say it's going to be pushing air down towards the card. I would turn it on just to double check though, then flip it accordingly if you have to.

I looked on mine when I installed it and the arrows point towards the brackets. The air is going up.

EDIT: And by the way, the GPU kind of blows it in and towards the rear.

I looked on mine when I installed it and the arrows point towards the brackets. The air is going up.

EDIT: And by the way, the GPU kind of blows it in and towards the rear.

Not trying to call you stupid here. Just giving my two cents. In my experience the GPU fans blow out/down, but then again, I haven't had a card with a full case around it before to play with.

Either way, he'll get his answer when he gets home.

I really can't comment on the video card because I don't that one. It is a dual slot cooler and the most effective way to cool it IMO is to blow it out the rear. But, I really don't know for sure.

As for the Core Contact, I can tell you 100% the air in his case is blowing up and into the heatsink, not down. I looked at the fan when I installed mine to make sure it used the traditional flow direction, and it indeed does...air blows towards the brackets.

HPIM1232.jpg

In this picture, the air is only felt between the HSF and the rear case fan, hardly any air at all is felt moving in front of the fan...indicating that it is moving towards the rear.

For double-slot coolers, the air is sucked in through the fan and pushed out the back throught the vent on the second slot section of the card (the first slot houses the ports)

For single-slot coolers I think the air is usually pushed onto the card? I forget... lol, sometimes single slot coolers (if they are full-coverage) also push air backwards if they can

what is the best way to get this sucker off on the am2 boards. ill need to get it off when pII comes,

but i tried once already so i could flip it around and it felt like my mobo was gonna break before i could get it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom