First post - First build - HT/Media/Multi-Task Build Reco's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what 775 mobo would work well here and be a good value? and which of those sunbeam core contact coolers is a good fit? (i saw a couple i think). do i also use a fan with a contact cooler or does that substitute for the stock heatsink and fan?

I know it runs cooler as its a newer manufacturing process to build it a Q6600 is essentially two E6600's bolted together and was the first quad to come out by Intel. Q9300 has 65nm I think and the higher fsb makes it a better overclocker. I am no experts just a guy who happens to have a high post count need to remember that on forums just because I talk a lot doesn't necessarily mean I am giving good advice. Fortunately your in luck and have quite a few "gurus" or experts reading this thread it would seem.

There is an edit button in the bottom right please don't double post its in the guidelines :)

The sunbeam core contact is a goodun there are only 2 and the other one is mediocre, comes with fan and heatsink so just plug it in and play. Any 775 mobo will pair well as of late I have been reccomending the gigabyte ds3l alot
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or this one for a bit more and I know for sure the raid on its a good one I am not to sure with the DS3L as its only the ICH10 not the ICH10R - R to show its a raid version
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I know it runs cooler as its a newer manufacturing process to build it a Q6600 is essentially two E6600's bolted together and was the first quad to come out by Intel. Q9300 has 65nm I think and the higher fsb makes it a better overclocker. I am no experts just a guy who happens to have a high post count need to remember that on forums just because I talk a lot doesn't necessarily mean I am giving good advice. Fortunately your in luck and have quite a few "gurus" or experts reading this thread it would seem.

There is an edit button in the bottom right please don't double post its in the guidelines :)

The sunbeam core contact is a goodun there are only 2 and the other one is mediocre, comes with fan and heatsink so just plug it in and play. Any 775 mobo will pair well as of late I have been reccomending the gigabyte ds3l alot
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or this one for a bit more and I know for sure the raid on its a good one I am not to sure with the DS3L as its only the ICH10 not the ICH10R - R to show its a raid version
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

ill admit i didn't read the guidelines, my bad. anyhoo, i think i saw that P45 in one of puddle jumpers reco's before and it looks like a good one (the UD3R that is)

i saw that bioforce didnt have an onboard raid controller....

so the UD3R is the way to go? any others out there?

crossfire and sli are just for dual graphic cards right? i wont be doing that i dont think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom