here is my final build plz tell me if its good

Status
Not open for further replies.
i forgot to mention that a workstation card is going to render everything in the scene, even if you can not see it in the viewport, where as a gaming card is only going to render the viewport. so if you were doing strictly animation stuff then it is really nice to be able to move through out the scene and not have to worry about a dense section of geometry lagging up the system(if you went with the workstation card.) Im just sorta throwing out random information, but if you are working on stuff for games, it is really nice to have your rig double as a testing machine for you higher LOD's (if you have the gaming card.)

I am sort of curious as to what you will be doing in Maya. For things like character animation and creation for something like video games, the quadro is pretty much overkill. the Workstation cards are more so designed for rendering larger enviroments. so say you are creating a cg movie then you would get a better frame rate while working on a very large scene with lots of props etc. but if you are planning to do single assets or smaller environments, a gaming card will work just fine. I run a 9800 gtx and it can move around no problem in the viewport with 40 million+ tris on the screen. Just something to think about.

yea i know what your saying about the video cards i know a lot of people tha have gameing cards and use maya they all say its laggy and some off the features dont work with maya and there not qualifyed with AUTODESK(maya2009)

im building for the future i dont get throw away mony that mucj so im tring to build a pc that i can use for 3-5 years

here is the link to the site

Autodesk - Autodesk Maya - Features & Specifications

well it depends on waht case you are getting. just pick up some good 120mm fans off of newegg that blow like 70cfm or better and get a fan controler like i have for the three hundred

hmm that's interesting. I did some looking around the autodesk site to see if they had similar information regarding max(my main ap), and i found pretty much the exact same text about how the quadro's are better suited for high end graphics packages. I glanced over the white paper on quadro vs geforce and there is some good info in there.

I still think that in the end it all comes down to what you will be mainly using maya for. Lots of polygons, and being able to move freely in that environment, that award would go to the quadro. I know that I have never had a problem in max 2009 with lag running the 9800. But at the same time I never really have more than 20-30 million tri's in the viewport at once and max is a different 3d package as well. I just DL'd the trial version of Maya 2009 so I am going to play around with it. But I would say if you aren't really sure how much power you are going to need the quadro will have all of your bases covered. If all you are doing is game art then it would be able to do it for sure, and at the same time allow you to adventure into more high end 3d processes if you wanted.

So the quadro is going to be a sure thing, the gaming card a cheaper option. The fun (haha) part about 3d is no matter what your machine can do, you are going to try to push it further, just the natural way of things. The quadro wins in flexibility I think so I guess I just sorta posted away not getting you any further, but it was fun. Good luck with the build and let me know how the card works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom