Budget Build...Ordering Tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..that's all I needed to know.

I'll just stick with the one card. I still don't think I'll be disappointed by the 8800GTX...Will my E5200 bottleneck it at all? If so, how much?

If you OC it a little you'll actually get to the point where the GPU bottlenecks the CPU (around 4.0ghz, which is easy for a Wolfdale)

If you OC it a little you'll actually get to the point where the GPU bottlenecks the CPU (around 4.0ghz, which is easy for a Wolfdale)

Cool...That's what I wanted to hear...especially since the 8800GTX is still a good card.

Plus, I'll only be playin COD4 and maybe COD5...I just want good performance outta it since I play in TWL and other tournaments.

Maxing out COD4 shouldn't be difficult for a 8800 GTX. Just don't expect to get like 60+ FPS @1920x1200.

More like 50Fps~?@1680x1050.

CPU is more of a bottleneck around your resolution anyways. With a decent overclock though you should have no issues.

Aim for like a 24/7 4.00ghz overclock.

Also I'd get that PSU double checked by some one like nagasama before you purchase it.

Stick with the e5200.. both give up OC'ing around the same place.. and its not worth the extra cash for just the cache

Do they really overclock to around the same speed? I was looking into it for a friends build and it seemed like the average for each chip was e5200 - 3.5ghz, e7300 - 3.8ghz, e8400 - 4ghz. Some went higher but seemed like thats where the wall normally comes at. Like my e2180 can do 3.3ghz but requires much more voltage for every 100mhz past 3.0ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom