Problem with build

Status
Not open for further replies.

swla90

Beta member
I just bought a motherboard and cpu combo and i got everything in but i cant get the computer to boot up at all. All of my past motherboards i have owned had a led light that shines when theres power but this one either doesnt have one or i might of done something wrong. The ram is compatible with the new motherboard and i think ive installed everything to the best of my knowledge but i cant seem to figure out what the problem is. I think it might be that the power supply is dead but im just not sure what i should do.

-Athlon X2 4850e , EVGA 113-M2-E113 motherbaord, Enermax 535 watt eg565P-VE psu

Make sure the PSU is switched on and is selecting the right voltage settings in the back (and its plugged into the wall).

Be sure about the lead wires from your power switch, if its hard to tell the difference between the power and ground pins, just try it both ways. You can't kill anything.

Make sure you have all power supplied to the motherboard, I don't know if Athlon boards need the +4pin connector anywhere but if its there plug it in.

If nothing still turns on you can test the PSU with a paperclip, google that and you can find many DIY's about it.

ok well i bought a new psu but it doesnt have a 8 pin pci e 2.0 molex for my motherbaord but still works when it is plugged into one side. However my hard drive and cd rom arent recognized when they are both plugged in but if i unplug the cd rom drive the hard drive works. Anyone know how i would get both to boot up together?

ok well i bought a new psu but it doesnt have a 8 pin pci e 2.0 molex for my motherbaord but still works when it is plugged into one side. However my hard drive and cd rom arent recognized when they are both plugged in but if i unplug the cd rom drive the hard drive works. Anyone know how i would get both to boot up together?

are both drives SATA? or are they IDE drives. If they are both IDE drives, are they hooked up on the same cable going to the motherboard or on their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom