Cheapest cpu at last for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalki

Baseband Member
all i have is 12000 Rupees ( 270$) and i have decided to build my own gaming pc....i dont wanna play games on high resolution...but i wanna make sure that games atleast run in lowest resolution without any high details

have decided an --------------amd 2.66 ghz instead of intel( cost cutting )
Motherboard asus with n vidia on board chipset......along with 2gb ram
here it goes
DUAL Core AMD X2 - 5000+ 2.6GHz, 1MB, AM2
ASUS M2N68-AM nF7025,V,16x,S,L
RAM 2GB TRANSCEND DDR2
dvdrw 22x lg dvd writer
hdd 160gb seagate sata
psu 400w atx cabinet
grafix card 9400gt( 1gb )
commentzz

that wouldn't run crysis on lowest res and lowest gfx settings.. and crysis is just a picture of what's to come. Save at least 400 bucks if you want to consider it a "gaming" computer eh?

For 270 you're better off buying a crummy pre-built

why do u say so ???processor and mobo has nothing much do to like a grafix card and ram rite? i am considering 1gig grafix and 2gig ram ,, gonna install normal xp not even 64bit....how about fifa2009, farcry , cod4? wil it run fine?

The gfx card is pitifully awful the *400's are not gaming cards they are media centre cards they just don't game well. I would look for a 8800 secondhand in your area.

First off, I still don't know why Crysis is like, the base benchmark or something.

Secondly.

If you're going to get a cheap CPU, grab the E5200 and a corresponding board. The only reason I would get an AMD is if I wanted to use the onboard video of the 780G chipset, because it's pretty adequate for moderate gaming.

OR. You could grab a better AMD...ie, the X2 7750 BE for 20 bucks more:

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Grab a board with the 780G chipset (and a mail-in rebate to boot):

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Then you could grab some cheap-o card like this one:

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH3450/DI/256M Radeon HD 3450 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Low Profile Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

And hybrid crossfire with the onboard and get a decent performance boost. That will give you some decent gaming.

BUT. If you want to grab a really nice card, then the 780G is pointless. In the case of you grabbing an 8800 or something, go with the E5200 as a processor.

Crysis isn't a base benchmark, it's a glimpse of what's to come... I never said anything otherwise ^^

Save ur money so you can afford a decent machine instead of junk peices thrown together to play games for a year then you realize you can't play any because none of your hardware matches the specs for games.. if you want a low-end gaming computer, there's only so many costs you can cut..

I just put a low-end media machine together for my dad, he plays microsoft flight simulator a lot so I needed a video card to handle that, so I could cut my costs a lot there, but in the end it was $424 + $45 in rebates.. and that's like, bottom of the line low end bang/buck.

Crysis isn't a base benchmark, it's a glimpse of what's to come... I never said anything otherwise ^^

Yeah, I get that, but it's what to come in how much time? By the time games like Crysis are standard issue, there will be much better GPUs to handle them.

Pardon me, but screw Crysis. It is a badly-coded fest of eye-candy designed to bring a system to its knees if at all possible. Trying to use Crysis as a basis for browbeating someone into buying more than they want or can afford is just bad practice.

Hikari's suggested AMD parts are valid. If nothing else, slap in some extra RAM and skip the discreet card for now. No, you won't be able to play the newest titles with everything turned all the way up, but you will be able to play older titles at a decent framerate. Hexk, I survived on a MX4000 for a couple of years, so I know it can be done... and the 780G would blow it out of the water.

At least the AMD/780G path would allow for a decent upgrade later on down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom