build cheap computer, need help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Stalin stated, go for zedmans case, and fatclowns build.

looks like thats what im going to do but I have two questions, The case dimensions are 19.1'' x 8'' x 16.3''(DxWxH) and the board is 9.6" x 9.6" so with the case width being 8" and the board being 9.6" would it fit or am I looking at he wrong? and what is the board memory standard is DDR2 1066 can I get ddr2 800 or any other number as long as its ddr2?

sorry if thats some dumb questions but I just wanna make sure

780G Micro ATX board

Motherboard Compatibility ATX, Micro-ATX

^^ Specs from Case ^^

Yes, it should be able to hold your motherboard. You'll have quite a bit of room to work with as well :)

looks like thats what im going to do but I have two questions, The case dimensions are 19.1'' x 8'' x 16.3''(DxWxH) and the board is 9.6" x 9.6" so with the case width being 8" and the board being 9.6" would it fit or am I looking at he wrong? and what is the board memory standard is DDR2 1066 can I get ddr2 800 or any other number as long as its ddr2?

sorry if thats some dumb questions but I just wanna make sure

Yeah you are looking at it slightly wrong, the 8" measurement is across the "front" of the case whereas motherboards are mounted on the side.

I don't see why you guys would say the CM has a decent PSU

The sticker has the following info:
+12V, 10A
+5V, 14A
+3.3V, 14A
-5V, 0.5A
-12V, 0.5A
+5Vsb, 2A

This PSU is pretty bad, IMHO. If you do the maths, these figures add up to 250w (times the voltage by the amps) which is very poor. They outright lied about its real power output.

Yes, Zedman3d has better build no doubt, as it cost more money ;)

so when I get everything do I just put it all together at once or do I have to install anything first? like the graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom