Water or Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I found and small window AC really really cheap. So what I am going to do is this. I am going to go forward with the Mineral oil or Silicone still looking to find the lowest viscosity available. No pump or RAD or anything like that will be in the case. The only things will be blocks and hoses. I have 2 Reserviors and 2 RADs. One Res. is the new Zolane I won on ebay for 50 bucks! The whole system as a matter of fact. The other is a Koolance. I am going use the 2 Rad/Heater cores and tack weld them to the condencer of the AC I got. I am not bad at welding copper so I will also make a copper tube and heat form it in a spirl config around all the condencer part of the AC. Then I will Insolate it with some 3M spay foam. I need to draw this out for you guys. Of course I will test this before I install anything on the PC. So anyways basicly you will have a Box full of foam with 2 copper lines sticking out. One inlet one Outlet. I am going to improve the power regulator on the AC for better control and to keep it from over heating or freezing up. The end product will be highly chilled stable low viscosity oil flowing to the CPU, GPU, and mainboard using a line splitter. Should be crap load of fun hooking this up and playing around with it. I am going to Video the whole thing.

I am going to break the Video up into shorts for You Tube. I fly back to Atl. in about 4 days to pick up my parts. I have to repack them make sure alle ist klar und I will tape that. We will see how well everything is packaged and all that good stuff.

dont double post at all... seriously, some will consider it spam

and if you got a cheap AC unit, instead of hooking it up for a chiller, why dont you just bypass the liquid coolant and reengineer the unit as a phase system... you'll get way better temps and it'll be much simpler (less parts means less **** that can break!)

dont double post at all... seriously, some will consider it spam

and if you got a cheap AC unit, instead of hooking it up for a chiller, why dont you just bypass the liquid coolant and reengineer the unit as a phase system... you'll get way better temps and it'll be much simpler (less parts means less **** that can break!)

Bong, I would not know where to start. Plus I have a GPU MB and CPU to cool. Tell you what I willl make a new thread for making a phase changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom