Will This Work Together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already have some deneb benchmarks out and so far it looks slower than yorkfeild much less i7.

I agree with zmatt, I would go for a Biostar p43 or p45 and a core 2 cpu like the intel build Ethan Kaizer suggested earlier.

The thing is though that before long dual cores will be "OBSOLETE" actually they are already obsolete.

Why not go with Quad Core instead? Whether it be Phenom 9750 or Q9550.

A Quad Core is still a Quad Core.

The thing is though that before long dual cores will be "OBSOLETE" actually they are already obsolete.

Why not go with Quad Core instead? Whether it be Phenom 9750 or Q9550.

A Quad Core is still a Quad Core.

Dual cores aren't obselete yet... quad core still hasn't taken over, nor is it close to being the new standard, and it might actually be a while before that happens.

Yes, a quad core might last longer, but dual cores are still fine for months/years to come. And if you're only spending 100 bucks on a great one, rather than 200-300 dollars for a decent quad core before that technology is even standard, the dual core might be more worth it.

All of our current quads will be obsolete before 4 threads is the standard. Look at the Q6600. 4 threads isn't common place and it is going the way of the dodo. The same is true for all the new technologies. The reason, because programmers are lazy *** holes. Back in 2004 people wanted to know if they should get the Athlon 64 to be future proof for 64bit software. Last time I checked most people are still 32bit.

It never fails. When something like that comes around it always takes several years for the software to take advantage of it. And by the time it does the 1st generation of hardware that supported it is hopelessly obsolete.

By more and more you mean 3 right? Quads are nice to have but I wouldn't consider them essential until a majority of new titles released in a given year are optimized for quads. Maybe that will be 2009. We can't say for sure. The sad part is they are getting ready to move on to 6 and 8 core processors. So by the time quads become fully supported we will have even more cores.

eyepc: You have made a bad recommendation. (X2 6000+)
And any reason you repeated what he said directly after he stated it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom