Overclocking an XFX Geforce 6800 GT - Doom 3 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 1024X768, high quality, no AA. I get 38.0.

I'm considering contacting XFX to see if my card's defective...

Maybe it's something to do with my system memory: 1.5gb of PC3200, from Intergral (I've heard the BEST ram you can get is Corsair, Kingston, Crucial...)...

Maybe it IS my CPU that's too slow...

Once again, its not your CPU. Doom 3 is a much more GPU dependant game than CPU. What are your synthetic benchmarks (3Dmark03, Aquamark, etc.)

I ran 3D mark 2001 SE a couple of weeks ago and got 13,000 plus... can't remember the exact score.

Quite simply, do I need to configure something else in BIOS?

Wait.....have you installed you 4 in 1 drivers? If you haven't, that is your problem. You should get up around 25,000 on 3DMark 2001 SE.

Now, I'm not sure what you mean by those... are you talking about the nVidia driver? If so then I have the latest (61.77)... oh, and DirectX9.0c...

EDIT: I ran 3DMark 2001 SE on high settings, mind... I think my score on default settings were A LOT higher...

4 in 1 drivers are the drivers on your mobo CD. You need them installed to get the full potential out of your graphics card. Insert your mobo CD and you should see the option to install 4 in 1 drivers.

OK, on my mobo CD there's 5 driver options, all of which are installed:-

NVIDIA nForce
Silicon Image SATA
3COM PCI LAN
USB 2.0
SATA Ultility

OK, your NVIDIA nForce drivers are equivalent to the 4 in 1 drivers I was talking about. How about in your Nvidia control panel. Do you have your AA and AF all the way up there? If you do, it will override Doom 3's AA and AF settings really killing your performance.

Nope, the nVidia AA and AF settings are set to 'Application Controlled'.

I'm so stuck right now I could scream...:mad:

Call XFX and ask them about it, because that isn't right. I was reading and your card should get like 86.1 on your original settings. The 6800GT dominates Doom 3, (in most benchmarks it squeals with over twice the framerate of my X800 Pro on the same settings), so I wouldn't be surprised if there were something wrong with your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom