Putting a Wii into a laptop's casing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalypse Kid

Beta member
I knew a guy who one told my friends and I that he took one of his old laptops, opened the case, and put in the parts from his wii. He needed to lose the battery spot to fit the all the wii parts in, meaning it needed to be plugged in to work, but he was apparently able to have a mobile wii with this. Have any of you guys had any experience with this kind of thing? I have an old laptop that I would like to put to this use, if I could get instructions on how to do this.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I just registered here because I was bored and wanted to know if I could do this kind of thing.

The Wii is already mobile and already smaller than most laptops on the market today. So what really is the point? You would make it larger and not gain anything from it.

The only laptops that i think that would be smaller would be the EEEPC's.

The problem is the screen to hook the wii up to. From this dude, you just use the laptop screen, meaning that I wouldn't need a tv to play.

You could do it with some cooling mods but you could just attach a portable LCD to the Wii which would be much easier.

You can buy an LCD screen that latches onto the Wii and comes with a car plug as well. No advanced tech work involved. Best Buy has them I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom