Help!!!! Don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean66

In Runtime
I decided to use Norton's Ghost 2003. I went to create a backup image file to my CD burner. I followed all the steps of the application and when I finished it told me to restart my computer.

Well, now once it posts, it says "Starting PC Dos". It just sits there. I can't get back to windows. I've got stuff I need so a reformat is not desirable at all. I've tried resetting it many times and it always brings up that message.

Anybody know what to do?

boot with yer XP cd and press "R" for repair...i'm not sure how it works exactly because my PC never craches

you can try commands like fixboot, fixmbr, fdisk /mbr

I tried that already. It puts me right back into DOS. I'm not really sure what to do.

Yeah, I just know very little about DOS. I actually made a boot disk that has Ghost.exe on it, and when I restart my comp with the disk in, it eventually opens up ghost program in Dos. However, nothing seems to work, and when I say "Quit", it bring me back to

A:\GHOST>

I was able to get it to

A:\>

At this point, I'm stuck.

put in ur win xp cd, and when it asks u what to do, choose repair current wiondows installation.

I did that, now when hit R for repair it tells me to choose the installation that I would like to log onto. It only lists this one:

1: I:\WINDOWS

The weird thing is my hardrive is C and D. Why is it showing as I???

When I hit enter I get,

I:\WINDOWS>

Where do I go from here??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom