Gaming Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesirecat1701

Running on empty.
I've searched the forums and haven't quite found what I want...

Ok so it's time to upgrade from my aging Microsoft Optical 4000 and put it to rest, I've done some looking and have a few interests. I love my G11 keyboard by Logitech and I've been honing on the new G9x mouse out.

Anyways in your opinions what are some of the best mice out there in terms a looks/performance/customization out there? like said the G9x takes the bait it seems but before I cash out $90 for a mouse I wanted some feedback; anyone?

There are two camps here... Logitech and Razer. There are a few who fall outside of those, but not many.

I have a Razer Lachesis ($80, but you can catch them on sale now). I had a Razer Diamondback before that. Both killer mice.

The main differences between Logitech and Razer is the feel/shape of the mouse and how you use it. Logitech's are more hand-fitting and use the whole forearm for movement. Razer's are low and fit the fingers, and use fingers for their movement.

Best bet is to go to Best Buy or someplace and feel of them yourself to see which you prefer.

Logitech mice: MX518, G5, and the G9. (G7 is ok, a lot of them have bad signals after a while of using them.)

Those are all good mice, and you should those along with the mice Trotter mentioned at Best Buy, or any other major electronics store. I personally have a HP VooDoo mouse, and I think it's better looking, while perform fantastic. It's so hot with carbon fiber, LEDs, and rubber thumb sides. Oh yeah, the 3200 DPI! All of that for $30! xDD

lol i think it'd be safe to say that 3200dpi would be overkill on anything smaller than 19*12 huh? and yeh I've been meaning to make a Best Buy run, unfortunately Best Buy and the Ratshack are the only electronics stores worth meaning in good ole Wilmington so not much for exactly finding a good computer stop

I Use a MX518 Was $30 off of ebay I Love it theres 8 buttons on it so plenty of room to make binds for games and its nice for just surfing the web as well

Here's some side shots to give you and idea of the differences in the shapes.

MX518 profile:
26-104-178-22.jpg

The other Logitechs have the same basic profile.

Razer Lachesis profile:
26-153-017-28.jpg

The Salmosa has the same basic profile, but is a little shorter and lower to the ground.

Razer Death Adder profile:
69_3.jpg

Top views.

MX518:
26-104-178-20.jpg

G5:
26-104-076-11.jpg

Razer Lachesis:
26-153-017-14.jpg

All the Razers have the same basic overhead layout.

I've got a Logitech and I like it.. It works nice on just my desk with no pad...

I like to have the clicks in the scroll wheel for choosing weapons. If there were no clicks, or detents, it would drive me up a wall...

Not sure of my model, but it's almost identical to this one, but I've got the side buttons..
logitech-v450-laser-cordless-mouse-for-notebooks.637373.jpg

i would say your best bet is to go to a store and feel the mice. I have owned both razer and logitech and their performance was pretty close. It all comes down to the mouse being comfortable. I've had a mx510, mx518, and g5 from logitech. from razer ive owned the diamondback and the death adder. I use my 518 and death adder the most. I would go to a best buy and see how each one feels in your hand, then pick from there. good luck

Iv used both logitech and now razer, I'm an avid gamer and I by far prefer the razer lachesis. Trotters right, it is really more for fingers, not palm, so if you use your fingers tips I'd god for a lachesis, you can get them on sale for 60-70, but if you use your palm go for a logitech, g5 is good (have used one) also some peole love the g9, I personally hate it though.

Depending what games you play you might like some mice more than others

I have a Razer Deathadder and I play with my palm and man is it comfortable.

It has a really nice finish on the top that is a bit grippy and is the perfect size for my hand (19 year old)

The two buttons on the side are easy to hit and pretty big (plus easy to clean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom