guess im stuck with a intell quad 9550

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ram on the graphics card is different than the ram that goes into the motherboard. The ram on your graphics card is built into the card itself and as long as you have the correct slot on the motherboard (pci-e) it should work. For instance I have a motherboard that only takes ddr2 system ram but a graphics card uses gddr5.

Just think of the graphics card as a mini motherboard with its on ram and cpu. The graphics card has its on memory controller to control the graphics card ram. As long as you have the correct slot on your main motherboard the graphics card will be able to talk to it.
well can you look at my mother boad and card and tell me if its the right slots thanks a billion sorry for all the question im new to all this stuff

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TpowerX58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - PNY VCQFX1700-PCIE-PB Quadro FX1700 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Workstation Video Card - Workstation Graphics / Video Cards

2pooyer.jpg

RAM

2i2bzv7.jpg

YOUR VIDEO CARD
2s8ssyd.jpg

As you can see, RAM is not connected to your Video card, I don't know how I can explain more clearly even with visuals

Nvidia's site makes no mention of special requirements besides pci-e (which is on the mobo you listed) so it should be fine.

Nice picks fat.clown I was hopeing someone would bring visual aids :)

Ok firstly I think you definately should overclock its simple, easy and a good way to get the maximum performance but we will save that discussion for another day.

Agree with thirdshift dj and get 8gb of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom