OC gpu questions. 4870

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I have never done this before so it's all new to me. I have a 4870 1Gb that I am messing around with the OC with. I currently have it at gpu 830MHz and memory 1050MHz. When I run the test in CCC it is passing. So I guess I am ok then? Anything else I should check?

How much does this reduce the life of the card? Is it worth OC the gpu? What kind of results should I expect? Higher FPS?

I would run some other tests. I have a similar card and when overclocked to a certain point I can pass the CCC test but the computer locks up in 3dmark06.

830/1100 was about as high as i ever got my 4870s stable. And i never really saw much performance difference past 800.

dario,

good idea thanks. i ran 3Dmark06 just now and it worked fine. I actually got a higher score due to the OC gpu. Last night I ran 3DMark and got a 14,484 score. Just ran it again with OC gpu and got 15,172!

Can't wait to get my cooler today. I really hope this Contact Core Freezer brings my temps down from what they are with the Artic Cooler I have now...

thats a pretty sweet OC for that GPU on stock cooling! you're doin well! if you can get a big OC on that CPU (the CCF will really help out with that), you'll see some pretty nice 3dmark numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom