What OS to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoSoft

Baseband Member
I'm in College now so i'm thinking about getting a laptop. I am a CG artist and currently learning game programming. I use two programs frequently such as RPG Maker 2003 and Gamemaker 5. I am seriously thinking about switching to OS X because Mac's are generally really good for the digital graphics area (Photoshop, Painter, Flash, etc). I have no idea what I want, Windows Hyperthreading or Mac's G4 Powerbook...and I read the circular's every Sunday and PC's just seem to be cheap...especially Desktops.

The main reason i'm a little apprehensive about switching to Mac is because of compatibility issues only. Money is not an issue. I have absolutely nothing against the Mac, in fact I love it! It just looks so COOL...very nice looking displays and their towers and monitors and the GUI ^_^ (cries). Yes the GUI!...LOVE the Aqua. I heard that you can mimic the Aqua look for your Windows but eh. Anyway, any opinions on what I should get for a new laptop.
Thanks in advance!

WOW...that was fast!@_@, yea I like them...I read the circular's on Sundays and those seem to be good.

yeah..I am very very fast..always..LOL :)

I don't think you need anything special...I would get a good one with at leat 2.5GHz

well how about the Hyper-Threading Tech? I'm going to be using Photoshop, Painter, Flash a lot...not all at once of course lol...But I will using it for a lot of a lot Graphic Intensive tasks..so i'm thinking that I might need maybe a 3Ghz HT.

Yea especially Photoshop CS...now what is your take on OS X? Do you own or have you ever used a Mac?

i personally would stick to xp, even tho its not the best out there. U could look into linux, its free, but hard to get started with. Dont know much bout macs.

oh i see...yea with the latest craze about the G5 and all...suddenly makes me want to get one. Some hardcore Mac users say you haven't experienced a real computer if you don't get a G5....I don't know how to reply to that at all. I think their statement was a little bit exaggerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom