First gaming build 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well thats all i need ill probly be ordering this in the next week and ill update accordingly.
Thx again for the great help!!!

Alright guys ive got everything in and almost put together but ive hit a little problem...
The board has a 24 pin power connecter plus an additional 4 pin 12v wich the power supply has but it wont reach from the power supply to the connector so just wondering if i absolutely need it or not. Another problem is the adapter the 4850 came with isnt long enough to reach the boards connector, but the power supply has a 6 pin connector labeled PC-E so i think that may work but could u guys clarify that?
Also in my workplace i dont have acess to a monitor so is it okay to power it up without a moniter, keyboard exc?

what video card is 800 bucks more?
and what video card are you lookin @ with ddr2?

this is the video card i need to run maya off ofNewegg.com - PNY VCQFX1700-PCIE-PB Quadro FX1700 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Workstation Video Card - Workstation Graphics / Video Cards

this is the one that is 800 thats the next highestNewegg.com - PNY VCQFX3500-PCIE-PB Quadro FX3500 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Workstation Video Card - Workstation Graphics / Video Cards

no you can get an i7, your quadro has GDDR2 memory, that is specific to the GPU only and has nothing to do with the system memory....for i7, you will need DDR3 system memory regardless of your graphics card.

sorry i diddnt understand what you were saying

Well i got the power cable to reach the connector but i still dont know about the power for the 4850...
As i said befor i dont have an os yet but is it alright to turn it on to see if everything is spinning and lighting up?

Another problem is the adapter the 4850 came with isnt long enough to reach the boards connector, but the power supply has a 6 pin connector labeled PC-E so i think that may work but could u guys clarify that?

the 6 pin labeled PCi-E is made for your graphic cards, in your case, the HD4850

use it

computer should spin up even without OS

Yes i do have the spacers in place.
I powered it up and everything was spinning exept the gpu fan with the power supply connector so i used the adapter the card came with connected to the power supply and now it works.
So now the only things wrong are sumtimes i have to press the power button several times befor it will power up and when it is powered on the motherboard beeps and just keeps beeping continuosly so i dont know if that means theres sumthing wrong or not.

Also for sum reason my last post has quotes apparently related to another thread wich i did not post. Just wanted to point that out.

Thx

Alright Ive got it up and running after i had to rma the first hard drive and so far so good.
Im really glad i went ahead and build my own, my friend was gonna build one with his christmas money but went and got a $800 walmart one instead and mine absolutely blows it away and for $200 less.
I got a 19" Samsung LCD Monitor for my b-day and its the clearest picture ive seen atleast.
And I bought vista home premium 64bit just to finish it off.
Couldent have done it without you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom