recommended heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Core Contact has 2 more copper pipes then mine (6 for Tuniq).

now i have another question, how much of a difference in temps according to any benchmark out there is the TX-2 compared to the MX-2 that i have?

the Core Contact has 2 more copper pipes then mine (6 for Tuniq).

now i have another question, how much of a difference in temps according to any benchmark out there is the TX-2 compared to the MX-2 that i have?

im sure thermal compound wont make a big diff, maybe a degree or two at most

if you apply thermal coumpound on the right way any one will do

well, all i know is that my temp sensor is on my Tuniq heatsink right now n it is telling me that it is at 29 C idle when i bet in BIOS it would tell me like 36 C or something. It's off.

That's because the BIOS is actually measuring the chip, whereas you're measuring the heatsink. Measuring the heatsink makes no difference, as heat as long since dissipated by the time it gets to your thermostat.

BIOS = the most accurate.

That's because the BIOS is actually measuring the chip, whereas you're measuring the heatsink. Measuring the heatsink makes no difference, as heat as long since dissipated by the time it gets to your thermostat.

BIOS = the most accurate.

i cant put my sensor directly on the chip because in the manual of my case it will get screwed up and read it wrong. Too hot i presume.

i cant put my sensor directly on the chip because in the manual of my case it will get screwed up and read it wrong. Too hot i presume.

It still wouldn't be as accurate as the BIOS.

The BIOS reads from temperature sensors inside the chip. You'll never get that accurate with a temperature probe. They make ones that go between the heatsink and the CPU, but that screws up the mounting and it's not as accurate.

Trust the BIOS. Measuring the heatsink is pointless.

It still wouldn't be as accurate as the BIOS.

The BIOS reads from temperature sensors inside the chip. You'll never get that accurate with a temperature probe. They make ones that go between the heatsink and the CPU, but that screws up the mounting and it's not as accurate.

Trust the BIOS. Measuring the heatsink is pointless.

kk. All i know is that LCD is showing 31 C idle. 7 degrees off i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom