recommended heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never ran the stock fan. I had an extra scythe so I put it on before I booted the machine up. I'm getting 33c right now at stock speeds.

on what cpu? and is that load or idle

edit: let me take your tricycle for a ride.

I never ran the stock fan. I had an extra scythe so I put it on before I booted the machine up. I'm getting 33c right now at stock speeds.

God do I ever love water cooling...

House gets cold in the mornings and with a 300mhz overclock on my e6600 I sit at a chilly 18-20C :D

Right now after playing Red Alert 3 for the past 4 hours I'm at 26C

how much lower in temps is the Core Contact compared to Tuniq? I forget. I want one but idk how much of a difference and if it is well worth it. My CPU temp at idle is around 38-40 C, close to 50 C or something during loading.

Make it fit on your video card.

hahaha ur crazy!

That would rock. You would need to fab your own mounting bracket though.

provide me the tools n ill try to improvise without cutting myself lol.

You'd also have to do some extensive modding of the heatsink, like, shave one side down so it fit against the motherboard.

However, I've seen people put Sonic Towers on video cards, so I bet it's possible. :D

ewww cant do that. Never modded anything yet. Hmm interesting.

Some guy did that with an x1900xt which was my old card.

I was very happy when I posted higher clocks than him with my water loop.

Wait, with a tuniq tower?

PICS! NAOOWW!!

yes show pics. I'm curious n i would like someone to mod my Tuniq so i can put it on my HD 3870 x2 or something.

it wont be to big a diff, may a few degrees, few more if ur using as5 or something cuz it comes with tx-2, nothing i would spend a extra $30 on.

how much lower in temps is the Core Contact compared to Tuniq? I forget. I want one but idk how much of a difference and if it is well worth it. My CPU temp at idle is around 38-40 C, close to 50 C or something during loading.

ouch, that seems high to me.

it wont be to big a diff, may a few degrees, few more if ur using as5 or something cuz it comes with tx-2, nothing i would spend a extra $30 on.

are you saying as5 is better than tx-2, i have both, witch should i use when i intall my sunbeam.

TX-2 is the best thermal paste.

thanks for the clarification.

ouch, that seems high to me.

well, all i know is that my temp sensor is on my Tuniq heatsink right now n it is telling me that it is at 29 C idle when i bet in BIOS it would tell me like 36 C or something. It's off.

are you saying as5 is better than tx-2, i have both, witch should i use when i intall my sunbeam.

TX-2 should be better from what i heard, better then my MX-2.

funny thing about MX-2 is that it is hardly any better then the stock thermal compound when i first applied the MX-2. I had to reapply the MX-2 twice. First time was too much on both GPUs (very small buggers, 130mm).

with no fan speed, it's 73 C on idle. With the MX-2 applied, it is now 67 C idle, still no fan speed.

I don't know man, that sounds like a lot of money to spend for only a 10 degree improvement. I could open the window and get 20 also. I did the other day.

Yes but it's the high overclock and under load where the water cooling really shines.

Were talking 3.4ghz on my e6600 at 35-38C load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom