guess im stuck with a intell quad 9550

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzxremixxzx

Baseband Member
man it sucks i was excited about getting a i7 but i guess im stuck with a quad 9550 the grafics card it need is ddr2 and i dont think i can run ddr2 with with a i7 and the next highest gtaphics card is $800 is there a prossecer higher than a quad 9550

...what exactly are you talking about now? What graphics card are you wanting that costs 800 bucks? And getting "stuck" with a Q9550? Pfft, I wish I had that instead of what I have.

I don't really understand the rest of your post.

man it sucks i was excited about getting a i7 but i guess im stuck with a quad 9550 the grafics card it need is ddr2 and i dont think i can run ddr2 with with a i7 and the next highest gtaphics card is $800 is there a prossecer higher than a quad 9550

what video card is 800 bucks more?
and what video card are you lookin @ with ddr2?

what exactly are you talking about now? What graphics card are you wanting that costs 800 bucks? And getting "stuck" with a Q9550? Pfft, I wish I had that instead of what I have.
lol i second that.

well if you want a cpu cupgrade, get the core2extreme
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Yorkfield 3.2GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 136W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
but an entire i7 setup is almost cheaper than that extreme chip alone.

no you can get an i7, your quadro has GDDR2 memory, that is specific to the GPU only and has nothing to do with the system memory....for i7, you will need DDR3 system memory regardless of your graphics card.

dang mate, i saw a fx4600 on ebay, ended @ 150. thats mad cheap for a working workstation card of that stature.

you may try shopping around if you really want a better workstation card.

but ya, your fine to go with i7.

sorry i diddnt understand what you were saying

he is saying, that your video card will work fine with i7
the video cards memory will not effect your cpu at all.

You can have a GDDR5 videocard with a DDR2 mother board, like hundreds of thousands of people. :)

You can have any graphics card with any mobo, as long as it fits, and the mobo has the correct slot, and you have enough expansion slots..

The ram on the graphics card is different than the ram that goes into the motherboard. The ram on your graphics card is built into the card itself and as long as you have the correct slot on the motherboard (pci-e) it should work. For instance I have a motherboard that only takes ddr2 system ram but a graphics card uses gddr5.

Just think of the graphics card as a mini motherboard with its on ram and cpu. The graphics card has its on memory controller to control the graphics card ram. As long as you have the correct slot on your main motherboard the graphics card will be able to talk to it.

So if their simply saying gddr2 won't work in a ddr3 motherboard then I have to say their wrong, or maybe confused from your question. Now if their saying you need a special board for a Quadro then maybe their right since I have no experience with them but I'm pretty sure you don't need a special board (besides having pci-e)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom