400 dollar budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great deal on that PSU.

The CPU will come with a stock heatsink and fan. I seriously doubt you will be doing any overclocking on it, so the Core Contact Freezer would be completely optional.

That CPU and GFX card are in a combo, so it will save him $10 if he orders before the combo expires.

To save a little money, swap out the motherboard for this one:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
It's not crossfire and all, but I doubt that will be a concern. #30 cheaper.

Swap out for this RAM:
Newegg.com - Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
$17 bucks cheaper. I doubt that he will need the heatspreaders and other higher-end stuff if he is playing WOW.

*EDIT* Gee, I must be getting slow... Besides, I seriously doubt there will be any overclocking, like I said.

thx trotter on those finds and that combo deal (i missed it ;)).

the one thing on that heatsink that comes with the 7750, its garbage.
i see alot of ppl complaining about 40-50c idle with that cooler, and i thought it would be best to fix a problem before it happened ;) lol
thats why i suggested the sunbeam.

side by side comparision ;) lol sorry, just got the sunbeam in, its purdy.

compare.jpg

I'd actually recommend this mobo:

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

The onboard video will handle WoW no problem. It's about on par with an 8500GT or so, WoW will be no problem.

Also, later on you can buy a cheapo 3 series Radeon and do the whole Hybrid crossfire thing and it will greatly increase your video performance. And it's only about 4 bucks more than that other Biostar 770 board, AND has a mail-in rebate. the 780G is a much better chipset for the cost.

This way you can throw out buying a video card right away, and grab one later.

So with these parts:

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

That's 282.93 with shipping, then minus 35 bucks in mail-in rebates. That's way under the 400 bucks...and if you wanted to, you could throw that extra money towards a video card or the core contact cooler. Whatever floats your boat. ;D

hikaricloud

you say onboard can handle wow, thats pretty nice.
how much of a boost in performace would the hybrid sli do for him when he gets a card.

hikaricloud

you say onboard can handle wow, thats pretty nice.
how much of a boost in performace would the hybrid sli do for him when he gets a card.

I'm going solely on what other people have told me...basically, the hybrid just sticks the performance of the onboard and the video card together. So basically, if he got say, a 3450. Just add that performance with something on par with an 8500GT. Lawl. That's the best I could do to explain it. I've seen some gaming benchmarks, linked here:

Sharky Extreme - AMD 780G Chipset Review

It beats anything intel has ever put on their boards, that's for sure.

EDIT: They call the onboard HD 3200. If that gives you a better idea.

not bad, a few extra fps is decent.
wonder how much of a help it would add to a 3dmark06 score.

Did you check out the benchmarks? I think it's a **** good addition to the onboard, just a cheapo 3450 almost doubles performance. It's not bad at all for super budget gaming machines.

well wow isnt the only game he plays so do tank into consideration the top end games just not maxed settings also i was talking about my friend liking amd also his current gfx card is rly old to give u a sense its agp also i think i nice mobo with 2 pci x16 so he could hybrid later would be great bc he has a budget but could save money for later

Did you check out the benchmarks? I think it's a **** good addition to the onboard, just a cheapo 3450 almost doubles performance. It's not bad at all for super budget gaming machines.

my bad, i just looked @ the first page. a decent 600 point jump in the standard test. that isnt shabby at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom