Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 fan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, been a while since I last posted, probably around 2-3 years. :p

Anyways, a while back I bought this heat sink, and has been working great. Lately, the fan would start to make buzzing noises, and spinning a lot slower than usual. It would normally be spinning at around 2300-2800 RPMs (even though the box states that it spins a max of 2500). The speed would sometimes drop all the way down to 600RPMs, and then 900, then 1100, then 400, then back up, causing my CPU to hit 50 degrees Celsius.

Last week, the fan WOULD NOT spin at all at boot up! It would spin 1/100000000 of a revolution, and stop, and then again. I would have to push it with my finger just to get it going at around 450-650 RPM's. I cleaned the heat sink and fan, slapped it back on, still had the same problem. So I took the fan off, and got a can of silicone lube and sprayed it inside. I got the shaft and the bearings. Now, the fan would spin at around 2700-2900 RPM's, and it was insanely quiet.

Now the problem is, after 45 to 60 minutes, it would start to make noises again, and slow down to 2000, and then slowly down to 1400. When I tapped the fan motor, from the outside with my finger, it would jump back up to 2300-2400 RPM's, stay there for 30 seconds, and slowly drop back down. So after spraying the silicone lubricant 4-5 times, it would still end up makign noises and slowing down in the end.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT:

Specs:

Asus P5B Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo e6300 OC'd to 2GHz from 1.86Ghz
2 sticks of 1GB Corsair Value Ram
eVGA 7600GT
Antec High Efficency 430W PSU
Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7

PS: The specs below in my sig is for my old PC :)

on that model, can you simply switch out the fan with a same size one or no?

may be alot cheaper if you can, rather than replacing the entire HS

on that model, can you simply switch out the fan with a same size one or no?

may be alot cheaper if you can, rather than replacing the entire HS

Nope they can't be swapped out like that. Does anyone know where I can find the replacement fan for it? I found a website, they had one going for 2.99, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom