athlon 64 dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
considering that i am going to be building a new computer from scratch, i want to buy the newest technology . . .

so, anyone know when the athlon64 dual core will be out? i heard that it will REALLY improve performance . . .

Yeah it will! Like never before the money will fly from your wallet and disappear into the near-empty void known as the "64bit desktop realm."

sometime next year. you are going to see amd and intel both release them in a range just like the xp from amd did...rather quickly. amd had a jump on intel though. intel was going to release the tejas processor in 2005 until they learned that amd was planning on releasing the dual core ranges next year...then intel put off the tejas project so that they could also get their dual cores out in 2005.

I've heard from a friend of mine that is in the industry that both Intel and AMD will be releasing their new dual core 64's to replace the Xeon and the Opteron in 2006... I guess we'll see...lol. Cheers!

mikesgroovin said:
sometime next year. you are going to see amd and intel both release them in a range just like the xp from amd did...rather quickly. amd had a jump on intel though. intel was going to release the tejas processor in 2005 until they learned that amd was planning on releasing the dual core ranges next year...then intel put off the tejas project so that they could also get their dual cores out in 2005.

ahha! now intel's trying to catch up with AMD! how the tables have turned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom