Need E-midwives to give birth to my first rig (I'm finally building it today!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole time, I thought vernong1992's name was, well, Vernong, not Vernon. It must be Vernon G.?

OT: As they said, CPU/Cooler and ram first. Then put the power supply and hard drives/optical drives in the case, then mount the mobo. Lastly add the video card and connect all other cables/fans.

That's the order I usually go in. Depends on the case, though. Sometimes the hard drives or dvd drives may get in your way, so you may have to do those after the mobo is in there, but usually it is easier and there is plenty of room to do the hdd and odd's first.

why does everyone go on about the push pins? i just "pushed" mine in 1 by one and they went in snuggly and perfectly lol

anyway..this is how i did it:

put CPU, CPU heatsink into mother board, mount motherboard into case...then put video card, other cards, and RAM in

ohhhh yea...probably wanna put PSU in and wire it around a bit before you put the motherboard in

This whole time, I thought vernong1992's name was, well, Vernong, not Vernon. It must be Vernon G.?

OT: As they said, CPU/Cooler and ram first. Then put the power supply in the case, then mount the mobo. Lastly add the video card and connect all other cables/fans.

Yes that's it ;)

why does everyone go on about the push pins? i just "pushed" mine in 1 by one and they went in snuggly and perfectly lol

anyway..this is how i did it:

put CPU, CPU heatsink into mother board, mount motherboard into case...then put video card, other cards, and RAM in

ohhhh yea...probably wanna put PSU in and wire it around a bit before you put the motherboard in

The push pins made me nearly bend my motherboard... They're frustrating. Yes, mount it all (except graphics card) first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom