Looking for people to review my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright thanks guys, I'm going to my bank today to find out how much I can add on to my loan, and since this desktop is for college they should be a bit more willing then normal, funny how I can get a loan for a truck costing over 20K if I want with my credit but I can't get a payment plan with newegg though lol. Got a question for you guys I'm looking at a 7.1 surround sound headset, can't hook it up to my 4K watt surround sound on my tv cause I'd get yelled at on all sides if I did that, since it plugs into usb will my sound card still take care of the sound data so that cpu doesn't have to handle it and still give me the better sound quality?

OK, I see you have updated the original. I assume you will be changing to the 920 so that is good.

Also, the heatsink needs changed. I would add another optical drive as the one you have selected will not burn anything.

I have had my input on the HDDs, I would not get a SSD but that is your business....not mine. You will save a few seconds on boot up, is that worth $200+ for you? I am viciously against Seagate also, but I guess that is personal.

Finally, I love the mouse....but I hate the keyboard. I had that at home, and now I am actually typing on it right now at work. I can't stand it, and for a dorm room it will suck because it is so huge and the gaming pad is worthless to me. I don't like it at all. Also the numpad on the right is merged with the del/ins/Pg Dn keys which sucks really bad when you need to use the numpad because you have to hit num lock every time you want to delete.

Antec 1200.....:drool:

I'm going to wait on the Solid state for a bit, seagate I've had them before and they worked alright for me, recommend any other keyboard, looking for that lights up the keys so I can read the keys in the dark if I have too but its not necessary, its gotta be wireless though so I can use my 60 in HDTV with my computer, and possibly some programmable keys for programs like maya, and yea since they're someone that can help me with the OCing the 920 without going to water cooling, I'd like to switch to water cooling sometime but not right now. I changed the heat sink, think I'd have enough room for a tv turner? I hear my graphics card is huge and leaves only space for like one other card like a sound card. Oh and I'm going to wait on the burner, going to get a blueray burner for it, and I have a gateway cheap laptop which can burn dvds/cds not that it matters cause I have a 1 tb that I put my movies on and I just attach it too my ps3 to watch them on my tv, and I just use my nokia n96 for listening to music.

Well that Merc keyboard is wired anyways, so definately scratch that. I love Saitek keyboards.....but they don't have a wireless one.

You could always get a Saitek and then a USB extension cable. Cheaper, more reliable, no batteries.

YIKES!! You are really trying to make me envious aren't you? I don't really "need" to upgrade anything on my computer.....but I would REALLY, really (really) like a Saitek Cyborg and an Antec 1200.

(I have the original Eclipse BTW, I love it. Nothing fancy, just a great, durable, and well lit keyboard)

I try to not only think of what I need right now, but what I'll need in the future, I don't wanna spend all this money on something that's fine for now, but something I'll have to drop cash on in the near future, and like I said, this rig is kind of a showing off rig, now if only there was some lan parties around here, I'd suck against all those experts but I'd have a decent rig lol.

I try to not only think of what I need right now, but what I'll need in the future, I don't wanna spend all this money on something that's fine for now, but something I'll have to drop cash on in the near future, and like I said, this rig is kind of a showing off rig, now if only there was some lan parties around here, I'd suck against all those experts but I'd have a decent rig lol.

That is fine but parts you should buy when thinking of the future would be the case, PSU, monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

The rest (mobo, CPU, GPU) change so quickly you buy what is a good value now and pray it lasts you awhile.

true, when I was looking at cases I originally wanted a server case, but that would be no fun to hall around, I wanted a 900 watt PS but that PS you guys found for me is really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom