Safe System Temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
Hi everyone I have a question here about System Temperature. I use EasyTune6 by GigaByte, and I haven't overclocked anything on this computer because I got it just the other day, now that program shows my SYSTEM temperature and CPU temperature, my CPU temp is fine, but my SYSTEM temp is always stuck on 44.. I just want to know whether this is too hot or not? This is important because I do plan on overclocking my Video card (9800GT) and I'm not sure if that'll heat up my system even more.. please help me out. Thanks!!

depends what your "SYSTEM" temp is, could be your nb temp, sb temp, temp sensor on your mb somewhere... might be easier if you tell is the model of your motherboard

Also overclocking your 9800gt will heat your your computer cuz its a single slot cooler and it doesn't exhaust the air it uses out of the case but it wont get too much hotter then it already is and you can always raise the fans speed on your video card and it will stay cooler and the air wont get as hot because its moving faster through the heatsink

for most GA boards, i believe, the "System" temp refers to the NB temp, but it really depends on the model and revision... anyways, 44 isn't inordinate for most components... if it is your NB, its a bit high, but nothing too bad

thanks for the help guys.. my motherboard is this exact one:

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.0)

I don't know much about computers so I'm not sure what you guys mean by NB temp.. but I really do hope I can overclock my 9800GT and make it into at least a 9800GTX... I'm looking at my SYSTEM temp right now and it's 43.. I guess it's safe to say that my SYSTEM temp ranges from 40-45.. tell me what you guys think. Thanks again.

after some intense gaming the temp actually went up to 47.. anyways.. so should I even bother overclocking my video card with this type of temp?

like i said i wouldnt worry about your temp, overclockin your video card doesnt increase its temp too much because your not raising any voltages in it.

alright great i'ma start learning how to overclock my graphics card then.. one more question, what should the CPU temp stay under? i've had it overclocked to 3.4 which is 1 GHz more than default, it was showing a temp of 40-45 same as system temp, is that fine?

alright great i'ma start learning how to overclock my graphics card then.. one more question, what should the CPU temp stay under? i've had it overclocked to 3.4 which is 1 GHz more than default, it was showing a temp of 40-45 same as system temp, is that fine?

on a Q6600 anything under 70C is safe. make sure though when u test your temps u test them with intel burn test:
IntelBurnTest v1.6 download from Guru3D.com

as stalin mentioned, idle temperatures are fine, make sure you find your load temperatures (when all the cores of your processor are at 100% usage) to see if they are within the acceptable ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom