x2 6400BE vs x2 7750BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, not that it matters at all,

but i ran vista experience index with the 7750 clocked @ 3.0

it gets a score of 5.7
im mentioning this because the 6400 @ 3.2 showed a 5.5 score

this really doesnt mean a whole lot to anyone, but atleast vista realizes its a slightly better chip hehe.

My computer can load at 3.2ghz. But once I put it under stress and both the CPU and GPU are under load. My computer just freezes and nothing happens.

Judging from the fact it only happens after the CPU and GPU both hit full load. It must mean that maybe my power supply just can't handle the wattage consumption of the two.

So I m getting a new powersupply real soon. Either a Corsair 600~700watt PSU or a PC Power & Cooling 610Watt PSU. Hopefully they should be able to feed the chip the enormous amounts of wattage it requires.

Oh and at 3.2ghz I got 24~ seconds in SuperPI. So whenever I get a PSU that can handle this chip. It would be nice to see what sort of SuperPI I m capable of.

My computer can load at 3.2ghz. But once I put it under stress and both the CPU and GPU are under load. My computer just freezes and nothing happens.

Judging from the fact it only happens after the CPU and GPU both hit full load. It must mean that maybe my power supply just can't handle the wattage consumption of the two.

So I m getting a new powersupply real soon. Either a Corsair 600~700watt PSU or a PC Power & Cooling 610Watt PSU. Hopefully they should be able to feed the chip the enormous amounts of wattage it requires.

Oh and at 3.2ghz I got 24~ seconds in SuperPI. So whenever I get a PSU that can handle this chip. It would be nice to see what sort of SuperPI I m capable of.

what voltage/multi/bus did you use to get 3.2
and just so i know, what was your default voltage when you first plugged in the chip.

1.5Vcore for 3.2ghz.

Once I get over 16x multiplier computer doesn't load. But I've done 3.2ghz on 1.4VCore as well. So its the multiplier that won't go any higher.

Overclocking the bus doesn't allow for more then a bus speed of 208 either.

So instead of bothering with overclocking. What I did was set the Vcore at 1.15 instead. At stock settings with my dual 4830's I think I should be able to handle any game.

1.5Vcore for 3.2ghz.

Once I get over 16x multiplier computer doesn't load. But I've done 3.2ghz on 1.4VCore as well. So its the multiplier that won't go any higher.

Overclocking the bus doesn't allow for more then a bus speed of 208 either.

So instead of bothering with overclocking. What I did was set the Vcore at 1.15 instead. At stock settings with my dual 4830's I think I should be able to handle any game.

what are your cpu temps @ 1.6v and what cooler you using.
my chip runs very cool considering the cooler i have on it.
and it ran same temps OC'd or not, was strange to me, but ohwell.

Once I hit Vcore of 1.6 or higher it starts loading at 50~ and load is like 60~.

But anything lower then that and temps are usually manageable.

Once I hit Vcore of 1.6 or higher it starts loading at 50~ and load is like 60~.

But anything lower then that and temps are usually manageable.

when do you plan on getting new psu that you were talkin bout earlier.

i just cant wait till my board comes in so i can begin trying for a better clock.

if Hussein's chip needed 1.4v to run @ 3.2, and mine only needs 1.17, i must wonder what my chip can do @ 1.4v

waiting on this board seems like forever with that 1 week reschedual by ups.
(ordered on the 27th, ups says it will be the 8th by the time it gets here :eek:)

im excited to see the results, good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom