Think this computers mobo is dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, I was working on a computer today and I've checked everything and I think it's the mobo...

Whats happening is that when I hit the power button on this HP it starts up beeps for like 1/10th of a second, shuts down and right back up immediately and then i get a constant beeeeep.. it doesn't get past the post screen (HP image) and it just stalls right there...

I've unplugged everything except the mobo, changed psus checked the ram, took out the nic card, checked cables, etc.. all signs point to the mobo... He said he was just checking his email and the computer just shut down all of a sudden

yea ive had that problem as well.. everything was working just that i got a blank screen and just to make suree the keyboard doesnt work eitehr rite? like the numlock and capslock lights dont goo on which is what happened with mee.. but yes i think that this computers mobo is totalled :dead: ... sorry mate :sigh:

Have you tried putting in a new CPU? If it doesn't even post it could be just your CPU....get a hold of an extra one of those if you can....may not be the board.

well it's turning on, beep, shut down and right back on, then beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. there's never a letter p in there to stop the beep lol

For Award BIOS this beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee means RAM of Video is not found...

For Award BIOS this beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee means RAM of Video is not found...

...well there ya go =/

well maybe no...could be the onboard video is just fuxored up...try disabling onboard video in your BIOS and throw in an old graphics card if you got one.

yeah I was thinking about what I said late last night...just kinda popped in my head....if your mobo just shuts down the comes back up with BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....then hows he ever gonna get the chance to get IN to his BIOS to be able to disable the video =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom