Water or Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its a vaporising product they use in fridges I think or something similar to that vapourises really easily. You could use ethandiol which is one of the main ingredients in de-icer to the same effect. I am not sure whether it would eat through your pipes though.

That case looks horrendous. So basically, you're shelling out 1000 bucks for super amazing cooling performance in a case you're going to want to hide under your desk. :[

Yeah I was going to try to chill the oil somehow so I was looking at AC's small ones really small ones.

And you are right that case is jacked up dude. Why would they do that? I mean its really really bad.

peltier coolers hummmmmmmm they are cheap! Could add a good sized one to the Heater core I found plus a fan and well it just might work for chilling my oil. 10x 136.8 TEC Thermoelectric Icy Cooler Heater Plate: S01540-004 VirtualVillage.com **** I forgot about these little buggers man. Ah ha GRYNX Peltier beer cooler not just a beer cooler a reservoir cooler! I got to say the beer cooler is sweet!

Ok its 11pm here in Germany so I am going to bed. I got it though. I have a way to chill the oil in my loop. Now I just need to work on a set-up tomorrow. I mean placement of parts and what not. This is going to take me a month to finnish, but **** it I think I can get my fluid/oil to less than 10 degrees C before the CPU. All with power from my PSU or my old one!

Pletiers are horrendously inefficient and require huge amounts of power to get something cool.

You also need to actively cool the hot side to prevent it from frying.

OCZ Sells a phase change unit called the Cryo-Z for $400 however you need to pick it up locally as they will not ship them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom