Huge Spyware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongb18c

In Runtime
Recently there is a ridiculous amount of spyware programs that installed on my computer.... to the point where my comp would freez up and I couldn't do anything because pop-up windows would just keep poping up and overwhelming my screen. I had to re-install windows. After re-installation I got some programs such as spybot and adware. Also installed an anti-virus program, and a pop-up block program.
However... not after too long going on the net.... I get a huge amount of spyware [I don't know from where] again.... my comp is still functional because I have spybot and adware... which together have removed over 2000+ annoying files, and everytime I turn on my comp. there is more. What is going on? I don't feel like re-installing windows again. Why am I getting so much spyware, and why can't I remove it permanently? I've also ran a virus scan and nothing showed up.
Adware and spybot deletes the files but they show up again over and over... and it's the same files... wtf? Do I need a better spyware killer program? Does anyone have a similar experience to the one descirbed? What spyware programs do you guys recommend? Is there anyway to remove all that crap from my comp for good?

I would be using HiJack This, but be careful on what you delete with that program.

Well ad aware and spybot only detect the spyware, they don't stop it from coming back. If your visiting the same places you got the spyware from in the frist place. Then your gonna get the same spyware again. Do like quantum said and install a firewall. also you could try a-2 (a squared), it looks for spyware and malware like adaware and spybot.

Thanks for replies... I will try all of the above and hopefully it will be minimized.... I knew you guys had something that was going to help me.

I recently just now installed FireFox browser... it's a lot better than stupid internet explorer. I also installed zonealarm firewall.... but the only thing is when the program is running I can't access the internet nor go on msn messenger at all... I'm guessing that's normal?

Check with ZoneLabs to allow MSN to access the Net. It's being blocked but you can allow it to access the Internet. Also, check Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything you know you didn't install. That stuff is spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom