Strange Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha Darkness

Beta member
Hey everyone, I don't know alot about hardware and this is my 1st post but here goes anyway:

On my sister's desktop, when pressing the power button, it will turn on for a second then turn off quickly. 3-5 seconds later, all power comes back on except it does not boot into bios/windows. Then the motherboard makes 6 beeps. I first opened the tower to make sure all wires were plugged in correctly, which they were. I took out the video card, then booted back up but it did the same thing so I placed that back. I then took out the RAM sticks, but this did not work either. I don't know alot of about this computer except it's a Dell XPS 410. I went to Dell's support site but I couldn't find the parts list on it. My sister said she was performing a "Disk Cleanup", then rebooted and noticed this issue.

Any help or recommendations? Thanks

Thanks. However, I did try that before and the same thing happened. I took out both sticks of memory. Powered it on, it came on for 1 second then cut off and came back on 3-5 seconds later. Making the same exact noise. I tried adding just one stick at a time but the same thing keeps happening. I can't log into windows nor get into the bios.

I read somewhere that it could be the motherboard or processor. I'll try reseating the processor and post up what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom