Water or Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that not where the whole H1.5O thing came from?

edit: nope sorry, just read up on it. fascinating research being done though.

Liquid gas is debateable as you get LPG liquid petroleum gas This is because the pressurised container is not a uniform pressure thus some parts are liquid and some are gas. Water is a molecule that when put under extreme pressure such as the bottom of a glaciar turns back into liquid so although its chilled to -50C it is still in liquid form.

The pressures needed would not be effective home system and the compact version is called phase changing where liquid is compressed then turned into a gas which returns to the compressor. This then adds the risk of condensation on the board which could shortcircuit it if contaminated.

Very true. This is the way to go to break record for now anyways. Cost alot of money and is little hard to get the parts and stuff together. Watch this its nuts. YouTube - 3DMark world record Guru PC Overclocking Insane!!!

Nah, some of the oils I have been looking at are only about 18 bucks per gallon. Once you have your loop and its sealed with no air it will be a maintenance free system.

1.Like I have said before Oil on its own will never be as good as water
2."Pure" water will only conduct very very small amounts of electricity.
3. It is very hard to keep water pure, and by adding to it or even removing it from a vacuum it is no longer pure. I am not sure what else to say about that.
4. Oil is better that air cooling.
5. Oil can be easier and cheaper to find than you think. All you have to do is look. One place is this "http://www.steoil.com/"
6. Oil will never in a sealed system conduct electricity and can be used as an insulator.
7. Some are very stable and have very very thin viscosity.
8. Mineral oil can be ingested by human and animals, will just give you the squirts! :eek:
9. Under normal conditions if you are not looking for a big overclock then oil can be safe easy and maintenace free.
10. If you want to get some bigger overclocks and don't have children or pets running aound. Maybe you have a workshop or a Game Room that you have a key to "What ever" Use water for sure. Change it out often and keep it clean. DI or distilled water is in layman's terms empty. It has lots of room for things to be added or grow (Bacteria/Algae) in it. This is why you need Biocide.
11. Oil on the other hand in order to reach numbers like water alone will need your help. Like maybe adding more than you would water or externaly cooling the oil away from your system so you are sending chilled oil into the loop. I am not sure. I would like to hobby around with oil and see what kind if temps I can get. I have a few ideas. Like one is to use silicone Gel as a moisture absorbant outside the loop to keep the inside on my case nice and dry. As well as using it around the tubing most likely to condensate when chilling. What do I know I am just a Biological Engineering major turned Army Combat Medic. LOL

The point of the post was to bring this subject back to the table and talk about what we could do with it, or if anyone else were interested in looking into oil and even differant setups for water cooling or compressed gas cooling if you like. What ever your reason for coming to this post please do not start with the grammer trolling or you are going to **** me off. Use slang or bad grammer if you like. I do not care, I will assume you can read and write no problem or will politely ask you what you meant without asking what planet you are from. You start with the grammer trolling and I will lay into you with a vengence and make you look stupid. So please stop it. Lets keep it friendly. Otherwise anything goes here as far as cooling your PC.

Go out and trial and error see what you find I would be intrigued by the results.

Well I think I just won some stuff on ebay that may help. Got a Smaller Auto heater core for like 5 bucks its huge for PC cooling but I am going to use it in my system.

An Auto heater core doesn't sound to efficient although it is essentially a giant radiator plus I hope you didn't get it too cheap as it good be one that is about to be scrapped they normally are £25 in the uk if new.

An Auto heater core doesn't sound to efficient although it is essentially a giant radiator plus I hope you didn't get it too cheap as it good be one that is about to be scrapped they normally are £25 in the uk if new.

Nah US ebay man. I was a mechanic for 7 years with ford motor company. I called the guy to see if it was the one I thought it was. It's for a very small car so its all good plus it is 100% copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom