Final System Build Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Well tomarrow I was hoping on getting my AMD 64 3000+ and an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe but of course Newegg is out of stock on that board. I want to get the 3000+ tomarrow because its listed cheaper as a labor day sale. But I kind of don't want to get the CPU without the motherboard. Is there another brand that someone could recommend for about the same price as that one ($113) with similar features, or would you say wait till its back in stock? Also im debating over getting the ATI 9800 PRO 128 Mb, or the eVGA GeForce 6800 both will make a huge, noticeable differance over my FX 5600. I only have about $700 to spend and with a new power supply all that stuff, its coming out to around $630 including the 6800, not the 9800. I would save about 60 bucks if I go with the 9800 Pro and then I could get a 10k RPM drive, or maybe a decent heat sink and fan and a new DVDRW drive or something. Any suggestions?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=13-127-181&DEPA=1

i think that the AV8/KV8 Pro is an amzing board.. i have used it once in a build for a customer and in the 24 hour test period that i had that computer put under this board gave me the most amazing performance i have seen in amd processorss.. but maybe i havent seen that much lol :) and the processor i was using was a 64 3000+ because this build was only a week n a half ago.. before that i had build a computer for a customer with the exact same processor but with an asus board and id have to say i was much more impressed with the abit board's performance :)

Looks like a great board, plus its cheaper, and I like the round cables it comes with. (Just a previous note, I am building my system in peices I cant afford the whole thing for about 2 more weeks, thats why im only getting the CPU and Mobo tomarrow.) I could still use some help wit the Video Card stuff as posted above. But thanks for the feedback.

the kv8 is one of the best boards, its amazing. if u can afford a kv8 max3, its prolly the best one for 754 socket, its bout 160$ on pricewatch.com. but the kv8 pro is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom